Present Status of the Bridge
- Bridge is open to traffic round the clock except for goods vehicles, Inter- State transport buses and All India Tourist buses (only Three- -Wheeler-Goods vehicles are allowed at night)
- Special repairs and restoration of bearings in the under-structures have been completed
- Mechanised trolleys installed under the Bridge are used for routine inspection.
- Thorough painting of the bridge was completed in June 2005.
- Total renewal of mastic asphalt topping of bridge was completed in December 2006.
- Bank protection scheme around Tower Monoliths is being finalised.
- Decorative Illumination of the Bridge Structure was inaugurated in 23.11.2006 and is operated daily.
- Close Circuit T.V is being installed in the Deck level and under structure of the Bridge to monitor the traffic at the deck level and along the river.